Introducing the Forward Forum…
Moderated by Associate Editor Gabriel Sanders and featuring News Editor Nathaniel Popper, Arts & Culture Editor Alana Newhouse, Editor Wayne Hoffman, Web Editor Daniel Treiman, and Staff Writers Jennifer Siegel and Anthony Weiss.
|Controversial clergy and the Jewish community: Will controversial preachers continue to haunt the presidential election, and how have they affected the Jewish vote?|
|J Street’s Challenge to AIPAC: Is Washington big enough for two pro-Israel lobbies?|
|Publicly Funded Hebrew School: Do plans for a new Hebrew charter school in Brooklyn violate the separation of Church and State?|
|Kosher controversy: Is the kosher supervision industry in need of ethical reform?|
|Jewish Summer Camp: What has made Jewish summer camps so successful?|
Special guest JTA Managing Editor Ami Eden joins the Forward staff for some heated discussion on:
|Israel at 60: Does Israel play as important a role in American Jews’ lives as it once did?|
|The influence of Jewish Superdelegates: Can Jews swing the Democratic primary?|
|Black-Jewish relations: How have they changed since the civil rights movement of the 60s — and since the Crown Heights riots of the 90s?|
|The impact of Israeli culture on Americans: Is Israeli film and literature in vogue and what effect does that have on the country’s image overall?|
|Our Museum Problem: Is the prevalence of Jewish museums hurting the future of the American Jewish community?|
|Forward Forum 02
* What’s Joe Lieberman doing with Republicans?
* How do Jews feel about Barack Obama?
* Can homosexuality and Orthodoxy ever be reconciled?
* Plus Soviet Jewry today and the Yiddish revival.
|Forward Forum 01
* Where do GOP candidates stand on matters of faith?
* What are the controversies swirling around Chabad?
* How is the changing face of intermarriage affecting Jewish continuity?
* Plus the “Eco-Kosher” movement and a nostalgic Forward book tour across Jewish America!